2-4 May 2022 saw the visit of His Royal Highness (HRH) Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette Marit of Norway to Sweden and HRH Crown Princess Victoria and HRH Prince Daniel. The visit included a programme in Stockholm and Gothenburg. The Norwegian Crown Prince and Crown Princess were accompanied by the Norwegian Foreign Minister Anniken Huitfeldt and Minister of Trade and Industry Jan Christian Vestre. A forward-looking business programme accompanied the visit to mark the close ties between the two countries, counting 700 delegates from business and policy.
The business programme emphasised green and clean value creation fit for the future. As part of the business programme in Gothenburg on 4 May, MOVE21 Project Coordinator Tiina Ruohonen from the City of Oslo had the pleasure to open the session on smart and urban mobility with a talk on cities as drivers of innovation.
The overall programme focused on how Norwegian and Swedish actors can collaborate and how they are stronger together. This – Stronger Together – was also the title of the programme and focused on how Norway and Sweden together can export first class innovations for a cleaner, greener and smarter planet.
Tiina Ruohonen talked about mobility challenges European cities face, how MOVE21 cities work to co-create innovative solutions for smart and clean mobility and logistics together with the business sector, and about the power of innovation collaboration between the private and public sector in line with concepts of mission and the mission economy as described by Mariana Mazzucato. Ruohonen also congratulated all Norwegian and Swedish cities who recently were selected to be part of the EU mission on climate neutral cities.
Other speakers and panellists in the smart mobility session included:
- Håkon Haugli, CEO, Innovation Norway
- Jonas Helmikstøl, CEO, Easee
- Robert Falck, CEO, Einride
- Christoffer Jørgenvåg, CEO, RedRock
- Alf-Gunnar Karlgren, VP CCH Division, Kalmar
- Pia Meling, Vice President Sales & Marketing, Massterly
- Kai Just Olsen, CEO, ASKO
- Magnus Strand, CEO, DB Schenker
- Even Aas, Executive Vice President Communication, Public Affairs and Sustainability at Kongsberg Group
- Niklas Wahlberg, VP Societal challenges and solutions, Volvo Group
- Olav Madland, CEO, Applied Autonomy
- Anders Forslund, Founder & CEO, Heart Aerospace
- Morten Rynning, CEO, CityQ
- Dennis Nobelius, COO, Polestar AB
- Bjørn Utgård, CEO, Hyke
- Jonas Ericsson, Business Manager, Gothenburg Green City Zone
- Hanne Nettum Breivik, Director Markets, EnTur
- Jonas Wilhelmsson, Head of Innovation & Sustainability, Ericsson